Do you care about our environment? If so, please make a submission by 30 April to Geelong Council about their proposed Sustainability Framework. If you don’t have time to wade through the lengthy, technical Framework, you can gain a valuable insight and submission suggestions from Geelong Sustainability and other concerned environmental groups, at this google doc https://tinyurl.com/ybc5v79z
The Framework was developed in response to community demands for Council to declare a climate emergency. Environmental community groups have serious concerns about the content of the Framework, and the process of its development. They state:
“We need as many Geelong region residents to make a submission, using the link to let City of Greater Geelong (CoGG) know that the Framework is inadequate, misrepresentative and deflective of the main issues it should have addressed. CoGG has invited community input, which is open until 30 April 2020 – here: https://www.geelongaustralia.com.au/yoursay/item/8d7baac2ab0ab19.aspx
Their call to action is:
- Use the points in the google doc https://tinyurl.com/ybc5v79z to assist you in creating a submission, before April 30, for the survey
- Share this document on Social Media and encourage your friends to participate.
- Write to your councilors and express your feelings on the framework.
- Write a letter to the editor about the lack of scope in this framework.
- Continue to submit questions to council question time.
Photo from previous tree planting story 2019.